Thursday, 24 July 2014

Versatile Blogger Award



Something positive to round out the week - Jenna and Allie over at Flick Chicks have been super lovely in nominating myself for the 'Versatile Blogger Award'.

Hooray! Versatility! That's pretty cool, many thanks ladies. After two years of slowing adding to this here blog, I'd like to think there's some versatility to the way I write. Thanks again :)

Anyway, this nomination means I have to pass on the good deed...


The original idea is to nominate fifteen other blogs I feel display the same amount of versatility- I might struggle to reach fifteen, so I'll just rattle off some awesome blogs I read regularly and appreciate.


Apparently, I'm now supposed to offer up some interesting facts about myself. Despite introspection now really being my thing, I'll give it a shot in the spirit of getting involved.

1 - Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace is my earliest movie memory. I don't think I was very impressed with the Senate scenes, but liked the bit with Darth Maul. As a 6-year-old, I probably thought Jar Jar was the shit. Today, he's just shit.

2 - The only movie I've ever considered walking out of is Sucker Punch. I didn't, and I regret it. Damn you, Zack Snyder.

3 - As well as movies, I play a lot of video games on my PS3/4. If I had to pick a favourite, I'd choose Mass Effect 2.

4 - I recently graduated from Edith Cowan University where I live in Perth, Western Australia. It's the same University that Hugh Jackman and Heath Ledger went to, and we don't shut up about it. I have a degree in Communications, majoring in Media and Cultural Studies. My graduation ceremony is in September. 

5 - My girlfriend and I have a kitten called River (shameless Doctor Who/Firefly reference). She's completely bonkers and runs around like a little mad thing. She's a rescue pet. 

6 - I live in Australia now, but my family moved out from England in 2008. I grew up in Bristol, and still have the accent. When people ask me what accent it is, I use Hagrid as an easy to understand reference point.

7 -  My other big passion (other than movies) is Formula One motorsport. I'm a diehard Lewis Hamilton fan, and not ashamed of it. I was originally going to blog about my interest in F1, but it wasn't much of a challenge (I could ramble for hours) so I switched to movies. 

This is River!

6 comments:

  1. You deserve it! Awesome little facts too, I love Mass Effect but I'm awful at shooting games so I have to watch someone else play it instead. River is a cutie pie :)
    - Allie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allie :) Yeah, I'm not too crash hot at shooters either but I try my best ;)

      Delete
  2. Hey, congrats! And thanks for the mention as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shoutout! Quite a neat idea...

    I remember watching Phantom Menace, as well, and, admittedly, I loved Jar Jar. In fact, I still have a Jar Jar beach towel that I use often ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not something the Internet needs to know about Tanner ;)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...