Wednesday, 6 August 2014

Trailer Talk: Interstellar + more



Trailer Talk is a regular feature where I give my thoughts and musings on some of the hottest trailers to have hit the Interwebs in recent days. 

This week, we're talking the latest trailer for Christopher Nolan's Interstellar, 50 Shades of Grey and Hot Tub Time Machine 2.


Interstellar (November 2014)


Chris Nolan sure knows how to put together a darn good trailer - The Dark Knight, Inception - heck, he even made The Dark Knight Rises look awesome (side note: I am aware my original review of TDKR is really positive, but as the saying goes, hindsight is a wonderful thing)

For his latest directorial effort, Nolan has gone full-blown sci-fi and ventured to the furthered reaches of our galaxy in Interstellar. And boy, does this trailer look schweeeeet! I'll be honest, I was thinking of steering clear until a fellow blogger commented on how it wasn't too spoilery. Good decision!

We get some more glimpses of McConaughey's character at home on Earth, before being teased about where the crew (which includes Anne Hathaway and Casey Affleck) eventually end up after the titular interstellar travel. There's a frosty looking alien planet, some big tidal activity and that end shot of...well, I'm not quite sure. But it looks pretty cool. Check it out below;



Fifty Shades of Grey (February 2015)


It depresses me that I would even consider talking about the trailer for this piece of garbage, but hey, I'm not one to discriminate. A movie trailer is a movie trailer, and this one has certainly generated a fair amount of buzz over the last few weeks. I think I read somewhere that it's the biggest trailer launch ever or something equally as ridiculous and soul-crushingly depressing. Sigh, never underestimate the power of bored housewives, that's all I'm saying.  

So, for the uninitiated, Fifty Shades of Grey is a movie based on a book (if you could call it that) of the same name from a few years back. It stars Jaime Dornan and Dakota Johnson in the lead roles. And if I'm honest, this movie looks like the perfect adaptation of the book - in that it'll be utter shite. There's lots of Johnson looking pouty, lots of Dornan looking so smouldering he could set some kindling alight and even a little bondage thrown in. Delightful.

On the plus side, that cover of 'Crazy in Love' isn't too bad. 



Hot Tub Time Machine 2 (December 2014)


Really? Like, seriously? Hot Tub Time Machine...2? I mean, don't get me wrong, I liked the first one. It was silly, wacky fun that wasn't to be taken seriously. It introduced me to Rob Corddry, if nothing else. But a sequel? Ehh, I don't think so. 

That's until I saw the trailer. I know, mock all you want, but this film looks damn funny. Completely stupid, but a lot of fun nonetheless. I'll probably save myself the movie ticket price (Boxing Day this year is already reserved for The Hobbit) but I might check it out of DVD at some point.

This trailer shows off an expanded cast which includes Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) and Gillian Jacobs (Community) in addition to returning cast, Rob Corddry, Craig Robinson, Clark Duke and Chevy Chase. 


4 comments:

  1. Great post! I will watch Fifty Shades out of curiosity more than anything, but I don't think I could bear to see it at the cinema! Super excited for Interstellar though :D
    - Allie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you're right, I can only imagine seeing FSOG in the cinema would be super awkward :/ Maybe it's the kind of thing you just sneakily rent 6 months later? :D Thanks for commenting Allie!

      Delete
  2. Yeah, the first couple teasers for Interstellar really didn't do much for me, but this latest one finally piques my interest. Definitely looking forward to that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad they're aiming for subtlety and secrecy though! At least there is less chance of having anything spoiled that way :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...