Tuesday 9 December 2014

Quotes Corner - 2014 Edition



I have a regular feature called Quotes Corner (you'd be forgiven for not knowing given how irregularly I get round to posting one) where I collect together some of wittiest, snarkiest and most memorable lines from a recent film or TV show. In the past, I've covered Community, Modern Family and even Karl Pilkington. 

This December, I've been documenting every and anything that summarises 2014 in film - from a soundtrack playlist to my Top 5 Worst Films of the Year - and I decided it'd be cool to revive this past feature with a bumper edition jam-packed full of the most memorable (for better or for worst) lines from films this year.

So, without further ado, here are some of my favourite quotes from 2014!

"That's Vietnamese Jesus now. See this is a Vietnamese church, you racist sacrilegious sack of shit! Yeah, Vietnamese Jesus is just drippin' swag-goo!" Captain Dickson (Ice Cube), 22 Jump Street

"You fucked Captain Dickson's daughter? Captain? What the fuck, you bragged to him to his face! To his actual face, the captain, do you understand that this face [pointing to Captain Dickson's angry face] right here! You bragged to that face! [to Captain Dickson] You actually high-fived Schmidt for fucking your daughter? Holy Shit! Oh my God" - Jenko (Channing Tatum), 22 Jump Street









"Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are too fast. I would catch it.” - Drax (Dave Bautista), Guardians Of The Galaxy

"On my planet, we have a legend about people like you. It's called Footloose. And in it, a great hero, named Kevin Bacon, teaches an entire city full of people with sticks up their butts that, dancing, well, is the greatest thing there is." - Star-Lord (Chris Pratt), Guardians of the Galaxy

"I know who you are, Peter Quill, and I am not some starry-eyed waif here to succumb to your... your pelvic sorcery!" - Gamora (Zoe Saldana), Guardians of the Galaxy

"She has no idea. If I had a blacklight, this place would look like a Jackson Pollock painting." - Star-Lord (Chris Pratt), Guardians of the Galaxy



"How do you say "Get the fuck out of the way" in Chinese?" - Joshua Joyce (Stanley Tucci), Transformers: Age of Extinction

"I'm a fat ballerina who takes scalps and slits throats!" - Hound (John Goodman), Transformers: Age of Extinction

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time." - Jordan Belfort (Leonardo DiCaprio), The Wolf of Wall Street

"Her pussy was like heroine to me. And it wasn't just about the sex either. Naomi and I got along. I mean, we had similar interests and shit." - Jordan Belfort (Leonardo DiCaprio), The Wolf of Wall Street

"Daddy shouldn't waste his time. And from now on... it's gonna be nothing but short, short skirts around the house. And you know something else, Daddy? Mommy is just so sick and tired of wearing panties." - Naomi Lapaglia (Margot Robbie), The Wolf of Wall Street

"Fugazi, Fugazi. It's a wazy. It's a woozie. It's fairy dust." - Mark Hanna (Matthew McConaughey), The Wolf of Wall Street

“We used to look up and wonder about our place in the heavens. Now we just look down and worry about our place in the dirt.” - Cooper (Matthew McConaughey), Interstellar

“I don't want to survive, I want to live.” - Solomon Northup (Chiwetel Ejiofor), 12 Years A Slave

“I want you to drain every ounce of their blood - even if it kills them!” - Eric (William Fichtner), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

“You two are the most fucked up people I've ever met, and I deal with fucked up people for a living.” - Tanner Bolt (Tyler Perry), Gone Girl

"Hail Hydra!" - Pretty much everyone, Captain America: The Winter Soldier 

“You fight much harder than you fuck.” - Artemisia (Eva Green), 300: Rise Of An Empire



"You go home and fuck her brains out. Then you take your penis and smack her in the face with it, and you say, "There's some wood, bitch!" Margo Dunne (Carrie Coon), Gone Girl 

"You. Fucking. Bitch." Nick Dunne (Ben Affleck), Gone Girl

"Everyone knows that 'complicated' is a code word for bitch." - Margo Dunne (Carrie Coon), Gone Girl
“Choke me with that dead cat.” - SexyKitten (Kristen Wiig), Her

“On your feet, maggot.” - Cruel Sergeant (Terence Maynard) , Edge Of Tomorrow

"Apes! Together! Strong!" - Ceaser (Andy Serkis), Dawn of the Planet of the Apes



"My motto is if you want to win the lottery you've got to make money to get a ticket. - Lou Bloom (Jake Gyllenhaal), Nightcrawler

"If we burn, you burn with us" - Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence), The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1

"Let them fight" - Ishiro Serazawa (Ken Watanabe), Godzilla

"You know, I think I do remember you now. Yeah... We came to you a long time ago seeking your help. And I'm gonna say to you what you said to us then: fuck off!" - Charles Xavier (James McAvoy), X-Men: Days of Future Past

"You know, I wasn't trying to win you over. I was telling you to fuck off." - Greta (Keira Knightley), Begin Again

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us." - Cooper (Matthew McConaughey), Interstellar

What are your favourite quotes from 2014? Let me know if I missed any in the comments down below! Thanks :)

10 comments:

  1. Great collections of quotes. The Wolf of Wall Street and Gone Girl might be my favorite ones of the year - especially Tyler Perry's. Jake Gyllenhaal's lines from Nightcrawler stick out to me too. "I feel like grabbing you by your ears right now and screaming, "I'm not ****ing interested!". Instead, I'm going to drive home and do some accounting."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katy :) Tyler Perry had some surprisingly good lines in Gone Girl, kinda stealing the show in some scenes. I really liked Carrie Coon's character as well :)

      Delete
  2. I love this post! Some brilliant quotes in here, and many that I'd forgotten, so thanks for reminding me :)
    - Allie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allie! Not a problem, my pleasure :)

      Delete
  3. Yeah, Guardians had a lot of good quotes, didn't it? Good stuff there. I also have a few favorites from Interstellar, such as Anne Hathaway's speech about love transcending time and space, but also the exchange between Cooper and Case: "That's not possible." "No, it's necessary." Goosebumps, dude.

    Also, that TMNT quote? Just, lol, WOW! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure did :D I really love that TMNT quote hahah, I was just rolling in my seat when he said it in the movie :P

      Delete
  4. I love the list, man!

    Strangely enough, I did not realize how much Cooper was a contradiction to himself, in Interstellar. Of course, those quotes are memorable, but he throws it all out the door for his family/dirt.

    The best quote of the year is probably the Gyllenhaal line, but "my face is the warrant" is a close second! ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanner :) He does a bit doesn't he? Fun fact about the warrant line, is that it was completely improvised. Most of the best lines are!

      Delete
  5. The Wolf of Wall Street was heavily featured in my last year's awards especially Jean Dujardin's ''Take your suit, take your dick and move your ass!' so many great ones there, especially Jordan's I choose rich every time and my winner - I WILL NOT DIE SOBER!!!!

    From this year my favorite is probably a whole bunch of quotes from Amy Dunne's tirade about men and surprisingly a lot from Interstellar, mainly 'Because my dad promised me' which really made me cry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy did have a lot of great quotes, and I think Rosamund just made them even more impactful :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...