Wednesday, 29 April 2015

A Quick Blog Update



Blimey, a blog update? It sounds so official - must be something important to talk about...


If you haven't already noticed, posts on this here blog have been few and far between in the last few weeks. Rest assured, I haven't grown tired of writing or blogging. On the contrary in fact, it's other writing projects that are getting in the way of me spending more time posting here.

You see, I recently starting writing for a website called Hooked on Film that is based right here in Perth, Western Australia. It's a fairly small, close-knit team and, as the name suggests, their focus is firmly on film, both blockbuster and independent.

This means attending press screenings, writing reviews and covering local events like film festivals (outside of my day job too!). It's really great fun and the range of films I've covered so far aren't the kind of thing I'd usually watch, meaning that my cinematic horizons are already broadening. It also means that I've had less time on my hands to write and focus on Feeling Fuzzier.

That's okay though, because I'm not leaving this blog to rest idle. I'll still be writing reviews exclusively for this blog from time to time. Naturally, not every new release film I watch will be for a review on Hooked on Film - I'll still be doing my utmost to post here as regularly as I can, covering the 'big films' much like I did with Avengers: Age of Ultron last week.

I'll also be posting links to my reviews for Hooked on Film - they'll only be an extra click away and I'd really appreciate it if you read and comment your thoughts as usual! Here's a link to my first review- it's for a British film called Testament of Youth.

You may also like to add Hooked on Film to you Bloglovin feed - we post two/three times a week and have a really awesome team of contributors, including Tom from Reshoot and Rewind.

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on my future reviews whether they're here or over on Hooked on Film - Rhys

13 comments:

  1. That's amazing news! It must be so cool to go to these press screenings :D
    Glad to still have you around and I'll be sure to check out Hooked on Film too.
    - Allie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's pretty cool and some are really clever and unique! I'll absolutely still be around either here or there :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your new gig! That sounds awesome going to screenings, festivals, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brittani! It's been a lot of fun so far :)

      Delete
  3. That's awesome! I'll be adding both Hooked on Film and Reshoot and Rewind to my blog roll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, I'm excited for you. I'll be checking out both sides.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, man! Hope everything keeps trending up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate, I hope so too! It's cool to have something new to work on outside of, well, work ;)

      Delete
  6. Your new gig sound exciting! Congrats and can't wait to read more! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...