Monday, 25 April 2016

Quotes Corner: Marvel Edition


Quotes Corner is a regular feature that I run where I compile the wittiest, snappiest and most memorable lines (for better or worse) from a particular TV show, film or celebrity - in the past I've covered Modern Family, Community and Jennifer Lawrence to name just a few.

This month, to celebrate the release of Captain America: Civil War this Thursday, I've compiled my favourite quotes, quips and one-liners from all 12 Marvel films to date. The Marvel Cinematic Universe is renowned for its fast-paced zingers from characters like Tony Stark and Peter Quill, so here are some of my faves - let me know yours in the comments below!

"Sorry I'm late, I was saving the world. You know how it is" - Scott Lang (Paul Rudd), Ant-Man

"You have no idea what you are dealing with" - Thor (Chris Hemsworth)
"Uh, Shakespeare in the Park? Doth mother know you wearth her drapes?" - Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jnr), The Avengers

"On my planet, we have a legend about people like you. It's called Footloose. And in it, a great hero, named Kevin Bacon, teaches an entire city full of people with sticks up their butts that, dancing, well, is the greatest thing there is." - Star-Lord (Chris Pratt), Guardians of the Galaxy


"I think we should call the Avengers" - Scott Lang (Paul Rudd), Ant-Man


"Whatever happens tomorrow, you must promise me one thing. That you will stay who you are, not a perfect soldier, but a good man." - Doctor Erskine (Stanley Tucci), Captain America: The First Avenger


"Language!" - Steve Rogers (Chris Evans), Avengers: Age of Ultron

"This is just like Budapest all over again" - Natasha Romanoff (Scarlett Johansson)
"You and I remember Budapest very differently" - Clint Barton (Jeremy Renner), The Avengers

"I know this neighborhood. I got beat up in that alley. And that parking lot. And behind that diner." - Steve Rogers (Chris Evans), Captain America: The First Avenger

"I am Groot" - Groot (Vin Diesel), Guardians of the Galaxy


"Faster, ladies! Come on! My GRANDMOTHER has more life in her, God rest her soul. MOVE IT!" - Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell), Captain America: The First Avenger

"Some people call me a terrorist. I consider myself a teacher. America, ready for another lesson?" - The Mandarin (Ben Kingsley), Iron Man 3

"I could do this all day" - Steve Rogers (Chris Evans), Captain America: The First Avenger

"Look at that. He's makin' me cry." - Colonel Phillips (Tommy Lee Jones), Captain America: The First Avenger

"Sir, I'm gonna have to ask you to exit the donut" - Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson), Iron Man 2

"I know who you are, Peter Quill, and I am not some starry-eyed waif here to succumb to your... your pelvic sorcery!" - Gamora (Zoe Saldana), Guardians of the Galaxy




"You know, for a crazy homeless person... he's pretty cut." - Darcy (Kat Dennings), Thor

"Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of THOR!" - Odin (Anthony Hopkins), Thor

"She has no idea. If I had a blacklight, this place would look like a Jackson Pollock painting." - Star-Lord (Chris Pratt), Guardians of the Galaxy

"I told you, I don't want to join your super secret boy band" - Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jnr), Iron Man 2

"I am Iron Man" - Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jnr), Iron Man

"This mortal form has grown weak. I need sustenance!" - Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Thor

"Baskin-Robbins always finds out" - Gale (Gregg Turkington), Ant-Man

"This drink...I like it! ANOTHER!" [throws the mug on the floor and it shatters] - Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Thor

[to Thor] "No hard feelings, Point Break. You've got a mean swing." - Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jnr), The Avengers




"Big man in a suit of armour. Take that off, what are you?" - Steve Rogers (Chris Evans)
"Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist" - Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jnr) - The Avengers

What are your favourite quotes from the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Are there any great ones that I missed? Let me know in the comments section below!

4 comments:

  1. Tony had so many great quotes in Avengers. I always liked "he's adopted" from Thor in Avengers and "sooner or later every man shows himself." From Wanda in Age of Ultron.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! "He's adopted" is an awesome line, how did I forget it? Hemsworth's delivery is perfect in that moment.

      Delete
  2. Great quotes! So many are pure gold. I'd add Colonel Phillips "I'm not gonna kiss you" from The First Avenger (after Peggy kisses Steve). Maybe it's the way Tommy delivers the line but it's always funny to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah I forgot about that one too! Thanks for commenting Katy!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...