Thursday 27 December 2018

My 2018 Movie Soundtrack Playlist

Every December I take a look back at the year that was and cherry pick some musical highlights, whether they be soaring orchestral scores or licensed tracks that have been inserted into films to great effect.

From the good (Black Panther, Spider-man: Into the Spider-Verse) to the bad (Aquaman) and the ugly (Venom), superhero films and their licensed soundtracks have covered the whole spectrum in the last 12 months. Everyone from Kendrick Lamar to Pitbull features in my playlist, although the latter is definitely not an endorsement.

I've also included a handful of my favourite 'needle drops' of the year, such as American Animals' use of Elvis Presley and I Tonya going for an unsubtle introduction to its antagonist with Cliff Richard's Devil Woman.

Between Bohemian Rhapsody, Mamma Mia and A Star Is Born, films about music or musicals were all the rage in 2018, with a select few favourites featuring below. Then we dip into the original scores; Annihilation is a firm fave, while Black Panther, Game Night, Mission Impossible: Fallout and First Man should all garner a mention as some of the best from this year. By no means a comprehensive list, feel free to let me know some of your favourite film soundtracks from 2018 and I can add them to the playlist in Spotify.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...