Thursday 13 January 2022

The Perfect 10 (Celebrating 10 Years)



January 2022 marks a big milestone for this blog; Feeling Fuzzier turn 10! Yeah baby, double digits!

What started as a bit of fun between uni assignments has evolved into a long-term side project, with nearly 1000 reviews and articles spanning everything from film, television and gaming to, well, whatever tickled my fancy, to be honest.

To mark the occasion, I thought I'd celebrate some of the best films that I've covered in the last decade with a look at every film to have earned an elusive 10 out of 10 review. 

In that time, precisely 22 new release films (so, excluding any classic films I've reviewed) have been bestowed with a perfect 10 – with three filmmakers (Denis Villeneuve, Rian Johnson and Damien Chazelle) earning multiple entries on the list. I guess we know who my favourites are, huh? 

If we're going by year, 2020 was the only year that didn't play host to a perfect 10, while 2019 boasts five! 

Looking back has been an interesting exercise. There's a couple of films below that I don't think are a 10 anymore, while there's probably another 20+ movies from the last decade that I didn't give a 10 at the time that I would now (like, for example, Portrait of a Lady on Fire, Spider-Verse or Interstellar).

So, in chronological order, here's every perfect 10 from 10 years of Feeling Fuzzier.


1 comment:

  1. That is a damn good list of great movies from the last decade. I find no fault with that list. Congrats on the 10 years.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...